Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Girlies Get Their Ears Pierced

Every year during the deer hunt, the women have their own fun while the men are hunting. Saturday, Mary, Amanda and I were out to lunch with the girls. Amanda had the idea of having Grandma take the girls to get their ears pierced. I didn't think they would because Hallee has a major phobia of anyone touching her ears. She had lots of ear infections when she was little and won't even let Chad or I near them. But, somehow Amanda convinced her that it was a good idea. And if Hallee does it, Hope usually follows. Hallee was first. Amanda took Hope out of the store so that she wouldn't get scared seeing Hallee. As soon as it was done, Hallee started crying and yelling, "Take them out! Take them out!" I felt so bad! Hope was next and she cried just for a second but was just fine when the girl gave her a sucker. I had to do a slide show because I couldn't decide between these pictures. They were all too cute.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Cute post! I love the little bags they are holding, and I loooove your background, you always do such a good job at that.

Nicole said...

Those were some sad faces. Hope they are liking them now. Kate's time is coming close. I am excited to hear.

The Huntsman Hotties said...

Oh the girls look so cute!! How fun!

Katrina said...

I remember that big day for Anna... I thought it would be a lot of crying and carrying on, but they did the first ear and she didn't flinch. Then they did the second ear and she still didn't flinch. Then we told her it was time to go and she wanted to know why we weren't letting her get her ears pierced! She had totally zoned out in her mind and had no idea what had happened - easiest thing I've ever done with her! Then reality sunk in at home when the infections started but I realized that cleaning them in the bathtub instead of with a silly cotton ball actually was less painful and kept them from getting infected. Oh the joys of little girls!

Willardson Family said...

How brave are they!! That is so cute! What a memory they will have forever together!

Theresa Stonebraker said...

Oh!! What a fun time! The price we pay for beauty!! Can't wait to see the girlies!!

Allison said...

How lucky you are to have those special moments with the girlies. They were very brave!!! You have beautiful girls, not too surprising look how beautiful there mom is!!!

Mindy K said...

OH, the days!! Such a rite of passage!! I hope they love them now.